We sure hope you all are doing well. We know that many of you that have taken the autosomal DNA test at FTDNA.com, 23andme.com , Ancestry.com or MyHeritage.com are waiting patiently for that breakthrough of finding an Africa DNA match.
Some of us are not being so patient. Logging into the accounts 7 to 10 times daily, yelling at folks because we can't find that match. Talking to ourselves AND responding.. Creeping up on your computer from the side, like agent 007.... Acting as if it is hiding that match from you. It's OK. We've been there too. Please read a book or go fishing or something Shuga. More people are testing. We have to be patient. It took some of us over 7 YEARS to get an Africa DNA match. Oh but when we did!!!!
Now, we are not going to lie to you. We all know that there is NO GUARANTEE that you will find an Africa DNA match. Here are some ways to widen the net though. These helpful options are steps that I have taken myself. They have proven to be very helpful especially since many people have DNA tested at one company and have elected NOT to test at another.
There is a place where your DNA raw data can go and meet up with other people's DNA raw data that tested at different DNA testing companies. You all can chillax for FREE!! OK.. Let me clarify.... Its like a meet up for ya raw data.
The goal is to upload your DNA raw data to the websites that you have not tested or to the sites like Gedmatch.com to help you compare shared segments on Chromosomes between you and others that have also uploaded.
AS ALWAYS ~~ RESEARCH THESE WEBSITES AND READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE UPLOADING TO THEM.
*On each website where I have my DNA. This is my profile picture. It helps. You can also Upload a Profile Image to the sites asking your matches to upload their raw Data to Gedmatch.com .
1. Log in to the company that you took the autosomal DNA test with. This is the test that analyzes about 98% of your DNA that is from your mother's and your father's side of your family. FTDNA.com , 23andme.com , Ancestry.com or MyHeritage.comand go to DNA raw data.
2. Download the DNA raw data.
3. Rename the file to the name of the person that tested. This is VERY important!! Especially if you have more that one that you will download and it is coming from more than one company. Make each file name unique. I usually add the name and company tested on the end (examples AncestryDNA_AdaEze.zip or 23andme_AdaEze.Zip ) .
4. Save the file in a back up location because you will need it a few more times
5. Go to Gedmatch.com for FREE (register if you do not have an account)
6. Upload the DNA raw data to Gedmatch.com . If you have issues uploading , no worries, go to step 7.
7. EVERYONE should follow this step. Go to Genesis.Gedmatch.com . Sign in with the same username and password that you created for your Gedmatch.com account. (This site has a BETTER DNA matching system andThis is extremely important if you want to see if you match any of the African Royals of our African Royal DNA Project)
8. Upload the DNA raw there as well.
10. Go to FTDNA.com for FREE (register if you do not have an account)
Genome Mate Pro is an app to help manage the data collected from autosomal DNA research. Data is stored locally on the user’s computer, not in the cloud or on a server. It is available for the Windows, Mac and Linux platforms.
5. Follow the steps of the Guide and Notify DNA matches
AGAIN ALWAYS RESEARCH THESE WEBSITES BEFORE UPLOADING TO THEM. WE ARE HERE TO HELP WITH FREE TOOLS. WE DON'T BENEFIT FROM ANY OF THESE COMPANIES BY SHARING THIS INFO. THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR US.
DNA Kits are now $79 at Ancestry!! And if you buy more than one kit at the same time, each additional kit is $69 plus shipping at ancestry.com or ancestrydna.com (This is the same company)
No coupons needed.
ALL ROYAL DNA KITS FOR BENIN AND COTE D'IVOIRE have been processed and Uploaded to Genesis.Gedmatch.com !!!
Due to the high volume of requests to join our project, we ask that you check to see if you are a match yourself by following the steps provided. Click the image below to learn how to check to see if you match any of the African Royals of our African Royal DNA Project or click here .
How to Check Genesis.Gedmatch.com for African Royale DNA Project Matches ~ Updated 27 Mar 2019
March 27, 2019
Basic African Etiquette for DNA Tested African Descendants