New DNA Raw Data Upload Options for FREE ~~ Finding More DNA Cousins
NEWEST DNA RAW DATA UPLOAD
Living DNA is the latest FREE DNA Raw Data website
Go to this link and follow the steps. You will receive an email with instructions on uploading your DNA raw data. https://www.livingdna.com/en-us/one-family/research/apply
Hello Family! We sure hope you all are doing well. We know that many of you that have taken the autosomal DNA test at FTDNA.com , 23andme.com , Ancestry.com or MyHeritage.com are waiting patiently for that breakthrough of finding an Africa DNA match.
Some of us are not being so patient. Logging into the accounts 7 to 10 times daily, yelling at folks because we can't find that match. Talking to ourselves AND responding.. Creeping up on your computer from the side, like agent 007.... Acting as if it is hiding that match from you. It's OK. We've been there too. Please read a book or go fishing or something Shuga. More people are testing. We have to be patient. It took some of us over 7 YEARS to get an Africa DNA match. Oh but when we did!!!!
Now, we are not going to lie to you. We all know that there is NO GUARANTEE that you will find an Africa DNA match. Here are some ways to widen the net though. These helpful options are steps that I have taken myself. They have proven to be very helpful especially since many people have DNA tested at one company and have elected NOT to test at another.
There is a place where your DNA raw data can go and meet up with other people's DNA raw data that tested at different DNA testing companies. You all can chillax for FREE!! OK.. Let me clarify.... Its like a meet up for ya raw data.
The goal is to upload your DNA raw data to the websites that you have not tested or to the sites like Gedmatch.com to help you compare shared segments on Chromosomes between you and others that have also uploaded.
AS ALWAYS ~~ RESEARCH THESE WEBSITES AND READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE UPLOADING TO THEM. *On each website where I have my DNA. This is my profile picture. It helps. You can also Upload a Profile Image to the sites asking your matches to upload their raw Data to Gedmatch.com .
1. Log in to the company that you took the autosomal DNA test with. This is the test that analyzes about 98% of your DNA that is from your mother's and your father's side of your family. FTDNA.com , 23andme.com , Ancestry.com or MyHeritage.com and go to DNA raw data.
2. Download the DNA raw data.
3. Rename the file to the name of the person that tested. This is VERY important!! Especially if you have more that one that you will download and it is coming from more than one company. Make each file name unique. I usually add the name and company tested on the end (examples AncestryDNA_AdaEze.zip or 23andme_AdaEze.Zip ) .
4. Save the file in a back up location because you will need it a few more times
5. Go to Gedmatch.com for FREE (register if you do not have an account)
6. Upload the DNA raw data to Gedmatch.com . If you have issues uploading , no worries, go to step 7.
7. EVERYONE should follow this step. Go to Genesis.Gedmatch.com . Sign in with the same username and password that you created for your Gedmatch.com account. (This site has a BETTER DNA matching system and This is extremely important if you want to see if you match any of the African Royals of our African Royal DNA Project)
8. Upload the DNA raw there as well.
10. Go to FTDNA.com for FREE (register if you do not have an account)
11. Upload the DNA raw data to FTDNA.com
12. Go to MyHeritage.com for FREE (register if you do not have an account)
13. Upload the DNA raw data to MyHeritage.com
14. Go to DNA.Land for FREE (register if you do not have an account)
15. Upload the DNA raw data to DNA.Land
16. Go to wegene.com/en/ (register if you do not have an account)
17. Upload the DNA raw data to wegene.com/en/
18. Go to www.gencove.com and create an account. Verify the account creation via your email.
19. Opt out of Research if you wish and Upload your DNA Raw Data.